Sunday, 14 February 2016

Happy Valentine's Day and VTC t-shirt winners!

Happy Valentine's Day ETT'ers!
I hope you have enjoyed / are enjoying a nice day with your loved ones!
How many of you took part in the Valentine Challenge?
I would normally be able to check the Honour Board using a 'team affiliation' filter but the new logbook only allows you to search 'name' or 'metres' which is a little frustrating as a team captain!
Hope you had fun - I always print out a C2 Valentine's Day card - it's become a tradition in my household!

VTC T-Shirt Winners

As promised, onto the more pressing details about our ETT t-shirt winners from the January Virtual Team Challenge. Firstly, thank you to all team mates who contributed to such a great event.
I have awarded prizes for the following categories:




This prize goes to Hartmut D because of his enthusiastic comments on the team Blog and Facebook page!






The best new team mate prize goes to the lovely Barb who alongside Hartmut has been encouraging us all the way this team challenge!







Suzanne rowed the most metres out of all our fab female rowers with over 225,000 metres. Great to have you on the team Suzanne!





Joe S rowed his personal best ever amount of metres in a team challenge with over 320,000 metres! He says he feeling like his old self again, which is great news Joe!






The most metres rowed in this challenge was by the amazing Steve C who clocked up an impressively awesome 1.1 million metres in one month. We hope you have been enjoying some down-time over the past fortnight Steve!



Please send me your sizes and addresses if you would like to be the owner of one of my exclusive hand-appliqu├ęd and embroidered ETT team t-shirts! ett@oddpost.co.uk

Have a great evening ETT'ers!

20 comments:

  1. Awesome winners! I'm out shoe shopping with my Valentine as I type.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO EXCITED!!! Thank you!!! Next time, I'm aiming for women's highest meters! Congrats Suzanne and all you high-meter folks especially Steve C. 1.1M meters - are you kidding??? Happy Valentine's Day team!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you are happy with your prize Barb! One ETT t-shirt will be on its way to you soon!

      Delete
  3. Congratulations to all the winners. Great effort by all of you. I am still amazed, Steve.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes - Steve C is in a league of his own!
      Mark B was a regular 1MM guy in the earlier days of ETT challenges but as he now also competes in running events he hasn't the time to dedicate solely to the C2.

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the Award and congrats to the other winners! January-VTC has been a great erging month for our team as well as for me (no injuries, several PBs). Did the Valentine Challenge as well, put in 16k yesterday. Hope you all had a lovely day with your Valentines! Cheers- Hardy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great stuff Hardy. Glad you are happy with your prize!

      Delete
  5. P.S.: We need a female teammate to do the ctc to float our first boat. So have a go at it Ladys, it´s a neat interval workout!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I am on half term this week so I will give it a go!

      Delete
    2. I managed to get two of my daughters to have a go. They found it really challenging. Eloisa, my 11 year old actually beat her older sister (Amelia 13).
      I'm sure our more experienced Lady rowers should be able to add quite a few more meters to the boat though. Maybe we can get a second boat floated...
      Ken M

      Delete
  6. Hi, ETTers

    Well, my valentine felt more like a "rowing widow" in January; I'm forgiven now :).

    Super-fun, the VTC, seeing how everyone was excelling really helped me keep going when I was physically or mentally tired. Sorry, I've had about 10 days off, mostly in shock after the final 100k of the VTC, and just starting up again.

    Alas, Caroline, as working single dad with 1 knee, please don't count on me as a regular 1MM man - well, maybe in years with 5 January weekends. Winding up to try the C2CTC in the next few days.

    SteveC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Steve - don't worry I am not expecting you to do 1MM every challenge! It's all about what ever is good for you! Glad your Valentine has forgiven you x
      Please send me your address and t-shirt size for your prize.

      Delete
  7. Congratulations to all the winners, and everyone who took part in the January challenge, great going all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank You for the honor and recognition! This past team challenge was really a turning point for me in getting back into good physical shape. Although I have been rowing pretty regularly since the Fall, my overall fitness and diet had been pretty terrible. On Jan 15th I weighed myself on my new Fitbit Aria scale and I was the heaviest I have ever been. I used that 2nd half of the VTC as catalyst for getting my body back into shape. 5-weeks later I am down 22lbs and I just rowed my first sub 19:00 5k (18:48) in quite some time. Although I am putting in less meters this month, I am working with much more intensity. My goal is to lose another 20-or so pounds by my birthday in May. Hopefully by them I'll be light enough to attempt another marathon again during the WEC as well.

    Once again thank-you to Caroline and all of the great members of ETT for being such a great and positive group to be a part of. It certainly makes some of those grueling sessions a bit easier to get through knowing that others are grueling along with me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a positive message about the power of mind over matter and the support of a great network of team mates. Congratulations on your weight loss and improved fitness. Keep strong!
      Caroline

      Delete
    2. Joe - I still need your t-shirt size and address.
      Please email me at ett@oddpost.co.uk

      Delete
  9. What a great team spirit we have have I feel proud to be an ETTer, thanks to all the team mates and especially out captain Caroline !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Diggy and to all our lovely team mates too!

      Delete