Sunday, 31 January 2016

Final week of the VTC 2016!

Wow! What a fantastic start to the year ETT'ers!
We have rowed our way into 15th place out of 459. That places us in the top 3% of world-wide teams.
Pretty darn impressive stuff folks.

Now onto individual achievements:



Steve C hit his personal goal of one million metres in a month! Amazing work there Steve, you deserve a decent chill out after that.











Jason was so close behind Steve with 929k. Very impressive J!












Tom S rowed over 831k and is sitting in third position. Excellent stuff Tom!









Ken M, Hartmut and Jeff B all rowed over 400k and places them in 4th, 5th and 6th place respectively. Nice one gents!









Bill S, Rob, D, Joe S and Mark all erged over 300k each.  Awesome work fellas.










200k, a popular party club for ETT'ers with Diggy, Jan, Suzanne (top female rower), Doug, John B, David R, Andy S, Dan S and Dave R in the house!









The 100k club is the most popular hang-out this challenge with the following cool team mates: Phil V, Mark l, Barb, Les J, Geoff, Caroline, Leslie, Karyn, Hector, Nick W, Mike B, Ian, Pongi, Mohamed, Mike S, Peter C, Andy L and Jeff K.










A select bunch of rowers nearly hit 100k (they might be uploading extra metres in the next few days/). Thanks to Matt R, Mike F, Ellie and Karen.






We wouldn't be in 15th position with the contribution of metres from the following team mates:  Doug, Toni, Xavier, James G, Craig, Norman, Jonathan T, Justin, Neil, William, Mark K, Jim M, Gary Mc, Jeff W, Bouke, Justin, Amanda, Kevin, O and Luis!




Thanks again team mates for an awesome challenge this January. We didn't quite catch Team Canada (but that may change after the next few days uploads) but they have been a good motivator to keep up the metres!

I will award the five team prizes next week once team mates have had a chance to update their metres. I will also report any individual personal achievements - please post on the blog or Facebook page or e-mail me with any news that I can share with the rest of the team!

Have a great week and don't forget the following if you are getting withdrawal symptoms from the C2:

February CTC = Lucky 7

Row for 3 x 7 minutes with 5 minutes rest between reps. All standing starts. Record your lowest distance for 7 minutes.


Valentine's Row

Row 14,000 metres between 9th - 14th February. You can then download a C2 designed Valentine card for that special somebody in your life!

Thanks again team mates,

Caroline ETT Captain.

20 comments:

  1. I added an evening marathon and we are in 14th place :)
    Greetings to all
    Tomek

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Way to go Steve, Jason and Tom. Those numbers are astounding.

      Delete
    2. Excellent work there Tomek! A great ending to what has been a great VTC for you! Well done.

      Delete
  2. Bardzo dobry Tomek! Cześć Pongi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well Done ETT'ers on the VTC certainly some phenomenal efforts there and congratulations to all. I'm happy that I at least made it to 100km in amongst fighting fires, enduring the heat etc. I've also got a new road bicycle which now competes for my exercise time :)

    But I won't get to do too much rowing over the next few weeks (starting mid Feb) because I'll be on holidays visiting family and friends in Poland and Ireland. Hopefully I'll find a rowing machine somewhere! Cheers Pongi :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your metres amidst a crazy bush-fire blasting work schedule. Same again in March Pongi?

      Delete
  4. Well done team !- some team members have been rowing crazy distances - -Steve the mental strength tequired to get up each day knowing you have to do 32K is mind blowing - this challenge got me motivated into doing 200K + the first time since July last year - once again well done all - Dave R

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been great rowing with you Dave. Well done on achieving over 200k! Nice work there.

      Delete
  5. Well done everyone. I thought I was doing well except it was only half as well as Steve: 1.1 Million Awesome achievement!
    I did persuade my 11yo daughter to do a 5K so we managed to get a third boat floated on c2ctc.com in January - she is complaining that she is sore today!
    KenM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for encouraging your daughter to join in!
      Looking forward to rowing with you again in March for the World Erg Challenge.

      Delete
  6. Phew, glad that's over :) Well done everyone, a great way to get fit and thin after Christmas - I lost just over a stone still eating well. I very much enjoyed the competition with Jason and Tom, and the annual see-saw battle with Team Canada as the month progressed, but it looks like they just pipped us. My rowing pattern for 1M was 10k during my lunch hour (I work from home), and a HM or 30K in the evening (I'm not a morning person), filling my boots during the 5 weekends, all at a pleasant 2:05. It did feel like eat-sleep-work-row-repeat. I had a couple of bad days when I seriously wondered what on earth I was doing, like last Friday, but they just seem to make me more determined, and I racked-up FM, HM, 100K in the final weekend.
    SteveC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice one Steve. It was an impressive goal to set and even more so that you achieved it! I think you can fill your boots a little with some treats this week - you have earned it!!

      Delete
  7. Splendid work Steve, thanks for the story on how you did it. Albeit 2:05 is well in the UT-Zone for an erger like you it is still amazing how your glycogen depots, glutes and everything else seem to be able to deal with such a work load. Great stuff from Tomek too with a FM-last row to get over 900k, Jason also with 900k+, Pongi rowing in the middle of heat and bush fires, Ken getting yet another result beyond 500k and starting his daughter to help us out on the ctc. And plenty more hard work done by all the other fellas putting in their hours- and meter-share on the erg. We have a great team going here. Cheers - Hardy D.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been fun! Looking forward to rowing with you all again in March!

      Delete
  8. Congrats to all on their hard work! 11+Million meters is quite impressive.

    Personally, I had a great month. After over 240k during the Holiday Challenge, I bumped-up this month to over 320k. This was a personal-best for me in the team-challenges. I also surpassed the 4-million-meter lifetime mark. I rowed my first half-marathon in a couple of years as well. I finally have more confidence in my back holding out on longer and more intensive rows. I almost feel like my old-self again and I hope I can start working myself back up to some PB pacing.

    And cheers to Mark-B! The back and forth battle we had over that last week for 9th place really kept me hitting the erg hard.

    -Joe S.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent wok there Joe. So glad to hear you are feeling much better!

      Delete
  9. Amazing work, team.

    Sorry for lack of input from me in this one, but I pulled my back mid January which put an end to any more rowing or running for the next few weeks. I've finally managed to upload my metres that I managed at the start of the month and it's nudged us closed to Team Canada but not quite passed them...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the metres Lucas - wishing you a speedy recovery with your back!

      Delete
  10. A fantastic result all, amazing metres from all and some really stunning numbers. As always I started with good intentions.....and the draw of a T-Shirt at the end, one day I will learn that in January I really only have time for clients Accounts and Tax Returns....last one went in 8 o'clock on the 31st. At least that is over for another year (-:

    ReplyDelete