Sunday, 29 November 2015

ETT Nov Update

BRIC

For those competitive UK ETT'ers the last day for entry to the British Rowing Indoor competition is tomorrow the 30th November. Follow the link for further information: BRIC 2015

Winner!

Talking of competitions, our very own erg-rocket Rainer has been up to his winning ways again.
He won a silver medal at the Estonian IRC for the 6000m distance. His winning time was 21:31,4, a personal best by 13 seconds!

Not content with one medal at the end of October he also won the Estonian erg marathon. Amazingly this was Rainer's first ever marathon and he won with a time of 2:45:20.3.

Well done Rainer. We are all very proud of you at ETT!

 November CTC

We have floated one boat in this month's challenge chosen by DLC Gidea Park.

Row 250m, 1'R, 500m, 1'R
750m, 1'R,
500m, 1'R, 250m and finish
First 250m from a standing start, all the rest however you choose.
Record your total time for 2,250 metres

With only one more day to go we just need one more female rower to float boat number two.
Come on ladies, start the week off with an interval session workout tomorrow!

34
40 pts
Empty the Tanks I7:58.5
Espen Holm (H)
Pongi (H)
Galeere (H)
Bill_Schmidt (L)
Caroline Joynson (F)

80Empty the Tanks II8:05.4
Jeff Kuecker (H)
Jonathan Turns ETT (H)
Mike Bode (H)
Rob Drury (L)

Holiday Challenge > 26th November - 24th December

Your metres will automatically be entered when you update your logbook.
There is a 100k and 200k challenge - which one are you taking part in?

4 comments:

  1. Great work Rainer!!

    I'm gunning for somewhere between the 100k and 200k... so much wine to drink in the coming month I will need to burn off a few extra calories I think!

    Here's cheers to the start of the silly season
    Karyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have a wine-drinking erg-rowing blast Karyn!

      Delete
  2. I am aiming for well over 200k in the holiday challenge. I don't know if I'll get over 300k like I did last year, but I am going to try. My body seems well enough to finally row continual long-pieces as I've done a few light 10k's and hour sessions.

    Also, as for last years holiday challenge, I am donating $0.25 for every 1k rowed in my Holiday Challenge to a local charity (The Food Bank of Western New York). I will throw out a challenge to all the ETT members to do the same in their communities.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea about the donations Joe!

      Delete