Sunday, 7 June 2015

ONE WEEK TO VOTE FOR JULY CTC

Firstly thanks to those who have given suggestions for the July CTC.
We now need to vote for the most popular session.

A lot of team mates used 2009 (the year ETT was established) or our 7 year anniversary as a starting point for ideas.

Mike pointed out that our 7 year anniversary won't be until January 2016.
Oopps! Any 7's will be changed to 6's. 

Here are the options:
  • 2 minutes 9 seconds (VERY similar to the May CTC 2 minute challenge)
  • 2009 seconds (33 minutes and 29 seconds)
  • 6 x 600 metres with 1 min rests
  • 2009 metres
  • 500m  > 1minR > 400m > 1minR  > 300m > 1minR > 200m > 1minR > 100m > 2minR > 2000m 
    (Total Distance = 3500m; Total Rest = 6 minutes) This has a real sting in the tail. We should call it the scorpion! Thanks Pongi
  • 750m - 2minR - 500m - 2minR - 250m - 2minR - 2000m
    (Total Distance = 3500m; Total Rest = 6 minutes)
  • 6 x 100m with 1minute rest between each with 2 minutes rest after the last 100m and then finishing with 2009m (Total Distance = 2709m; Total Rest = 8 minutes)
  • 2992 metres (diving depth of beaked whales) 
They all look a bit evil you crazy people!

You all have ONE week and ONE vote.

Top right hand-side of the blog >

I will report back the most popular options next Sunday. Happy voting ETT'ers! 

22 comments:

  1. I vote for 2.992. Cheers Galeere

    ReplyDelete
  2. Am I missing something ere? 2009-2015 is six years. Mike F.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha, yes you are totally right there Mike!
    We can always change those 7's to 6's and I'm sure people won't mind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It inly effects 2 options and nobody has voted for them yet anyway!

      Delete
    2. I thought it was because the ETT team was established in the 2009 rowing season, it is now the 2016 rowing season hence our seven year anniversary? Cheers Pongi:)

      Delete
    3. We could go for that Pongi! It's a perfectly valid reason!! Confusing all round ; )

      Delete
  4. Hi Caroline-
    I'd like to vote for 2009 meters.
    Thanks,
    Mark K

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll vote for Option 5) the aptly named 'Scorpion' it is tough and is very different from any other CTC and will generate a lot of discussion and thought from participants. Thank you! Cheers Pongi:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hate to be the math nerd here, but 2009 seconds figures to be 33 minutes and 29 seconds. That's got my vote, it's 19 seconds less. mike F.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mike - yes somebody pointed this out earlier - I changed it on Facebook and the blog but once the survey starts I can't edit it. Always good to be a maths nerd!

      Delete
  7. 2009 seconds - dave roberts

    ReplyDelete
  8. I vote for "The Scorpion"-Option 5.... Thanks and happy voting team mates!! :-) Daniel Sundqvist

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice choice Daniel - who I am kidding! The scorpion is going to be hardcore....

      Delete
  9. I've gone for the 2992m.Not too short and not too far. The scorpion has made me exhausted just thinking about it!

    Karyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Karyn. The scorpion will be exhausting alright!

      Delete
    2. ...... but the Scorpion is only an extra 508m and you get 6 minutes of rest lol:)

      Delete
    3. Yes good point. But that 2k at the end will probably feel like a marathon me thinks!

      Delete
  10. I know that feeling :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am mad, however that scorpion is just too hardcore to not give it a go ! I will be back at normal altitude when i have to give it a go

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely fantastic attitude Diggy! Having 'fire in the belly' (feeling mad) is exactly what you need to challenge that Scorpion:)

      Delete