Sunday, 10 May 2015

Second boat floated in May CTC

Two boats floated in the points rankings in the second week of the CTC is pretty good going team!

Pongi's daughter Anjelka has helped float boat number two and she is a true lightweight at 17kg and only 5 years old! I can see some true ETT potential here (I have just completed my session but wanted to post with Anjelka's time in boat two).

We need three more team mates to get the third boat into the point rankings for this 2 minute row. Come on team mates give it a go!

18
16 pts
Empty the Tanks I589m
Pongi (H)
Joseph Smyntek (H)
Bouke Dieleman (H)
Rob Drury (L)
Karyn McNamara (F)

33
1 pt
Empty the Tanks II469.4m
Mike Bode (H)
Mark Kaehler (H)
Jim Moldenhauer (H)
Daniel Sundqvist (L)
Anielka (F)

49Empty the Tanks III510m
Matthias Rausch (H)

5 comments:

  1. Thanks Caroline, you are very kind:) We'll both give it at least one more go before the month is up. Despite the pain and the lactic acid i'm kinda enjoying this challenge. It has already helped me achieve a new 1000m PB and i know i can improve on this. I'll also use this to work on my 500m and 4 minute PB's. Feeling confident and ambitious. Cheers Pongi:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fingers crossed you can get another PB by the 31st!

      Delete
  2. I would have liked to improve my time, but last week, I was in the process of doing some training for this event and while I was doing some rowing in the 1:29-1:30/500m range, one of my lower vertebrae decided that it wanted to slide out of place. Ouch.

    6-days later, I was finally able to get back on the erg again to do some light rowing at least. Unless I have some dramatic recovery, I doubt I will be able to make another run at this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ouch that sounds mighty painful Joe. Take it slow and steady on the recovery we don't want you popping out any more vertebrae!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeeouch! Take care Joe and i wish you a speedy recovery. Cheers Pongi

    ReplyDelete