Sunday, 18 January 2015

January CTC update

We are only one team mate away from two boats floated in the points rankings.
Boat one is floated with our regular CTC participants;

26
23 pts
Empty the Tanks I4035.8m
Pongi (H)
Jonathan Turns ETT (H)
Kenneth Murdoch (H)
Bill_Schmidt (L)
Karyn McNamara (F)

65Empty the Tanks II3536.5m
David Gentry (H)
Mark Kaehler (H)
Rob Drury (L)
Caroline Joynson (F)

This month's session is 5 x 3 minutes with 6 minute rests split anyway you like.

Some options:

3 mins > 1 min r > 3 mins > 1 min r > 3mins > 2 min r > 3 mins > 2 mins r > 3 mins

3 mins > 1.5 min r > 3 mins > 1.5 min r > 3mins > 1.5 min r > 3 mins > 1.5 mins r > 3 mins

3 mins > 1 min r > 3 mins > 1.5 min r > 3mins > 1.5 min r > 3 mins > 2 mins r > 3 mins

So which option did you choose?
Did you try a different one?

6 comments:

  1. I like the first option. My misprogramming gave me a harder CTC then expected. I gave myself a 1 min rest between all intervals and a unexpected 2 min rest after the fifth interval. Still survived but was hurting pretty good on the last interval.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bill - I agree I did the first option although I have only tried this version so far....

      Delete
  2. I did the second option. first 2 sets hard, next 2 moderate, last one hard. It was exhausting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice work. It seems all options are exhausting!!

      Delete
  3. I did the third option, i probably started a bit too conservative but finished hard. I don't think it matters which option is chosen, sprint intervals hurt! Pongi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes - I think its a bit of a mind-game choosing the intervals. Just gotta go with what works for you ; )

      Delete