Saturday, 11 October 2014

FTC 2014 Day 27

Wow. This competition is hotting up. With only four more days to play we are still in the top ten and are very close to Team NAS Pensacola (we have battled with these guys before) with only 700k in it. when you consider that they have 636 team members against our 46 team mates we are doing pretty good!


We are still holding onto second place in the virtual teams with 21-50 members!



Have you got any FTC firsts to share?
Have you rowed more metres than ever before / hit a new goal / improved on a distance or timed piece? If so I would love to hear from you so I can share the news with fellow team mates.


6 comments:

  1. Travel for work has kept me away from my C2 for much of this challenge, amazing work as usual for a small determined team. Go ETTers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is always the January Team Challenge Diggy ; ) We have missed you!

      Delete
  2. I've just enjoyed getting back into the routine, it's been just over a year since my hernia op and this is the first time I've felt like the 'old Mark'. We're even talking about going to BIRC again, and starting the 2k training - not something I've considered for a long time. Seems like exercise is as good for the mind as it is for the body sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely to hear Mark. It's great to have the 'old Mark' back... now as for the BIRC or the BRIC I think we can pull a team together if you are game? The thought of a 2k is making my palms sweaty already and I haven't even done any decent interval training since knee-gate earlier in the year!

      Delete
  3. Finally, I reached one of my year goals! The 30' time trial goal of 8200m has alluded me after a few attempts this season. However, today, the quest has been conquered and success was at hand. The outcome was a hard rowed adventure with a final total of 8229 metres. The focus for the next few days will be long easy metres to close out the FTC.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent news Bill. So glad you have reached that elusive PB on a 30 min session. You should feel mighty proud of yourself - everyone at ETT are pretty darn chuffed for you too!

      Delete