Monday, 30 December 2013

Core exercises

Chris has introduced me to Foundation Training which is a series of core exercises created by Dr. Eric Goodman. The simple exercises have been created to build a strong core to allieviate back problems and hip mobility issues (Dave P and Paul M try these out!!).

More information can be found here: http://foundationtraining.com/core


Chris and I have been doing the 'Founder' stretch holding it for 15 seconds three times every day for a month now - initially my lower back and the top of my hamstrings ached a bit due to the Founder exercise 'waking up some lazy muscles', but now I am feeling stronger in my core.

Try this as part of your New Year exercise regime ETT'ers!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Caroline,

    I've had a look at the above clip and have checked out the website and it contains some really useful info ..... thanks for that. I am glad that you have benefited, the founder stretch looks really good and it is something that can be done pretty much anytime, anywhere.

    I have benefited greatly from core exercises and i can't reiterate enough how important it is. Whilst being injured was awful and frustrating i have certainly learnt alot from the experience and i will continue to incorporate core exercises into my exercise regime. I find that working out with a pilates (or swisse ball) and foam rollers to be really useful as it challenges balance and therefore engages the core muscles and strenthens them.

    Finally i have eased my way back on the rower now - just doing short intervals mixed in with my other stretching, pilates, resistance band and body resistance type exercises - it's really turned out to be quite gruelling.

    It's great to be back on the rower again - but after a five month lay off i have put on weight and i'm no where near as fit as i used to be so it's going to take a lot of patience and hard work to get back to where i was.

    All the best
    Dave P:)

    ReplyDelete