Tuesday, 15 October 2013

FTC 2013 last day!

Wow. We have definitely rowed our socks off this during this challenge finishing (at this moment in time) in 9th place out of 268 world-wide teams.

We achieved our goal of going for a top ten position and have almost hit our all time metre tally from the FTC 2010 of over 8 million metres - we are only about 70k away of achieving a team PB!!

I will blog about the extremely impressive individual achievements at the weekend. A massive thank you to everybody who has contributed metres; for those injured ETT'ers, thank you for your enthusiastic encouragement and support during your convalescence.

Although I haven't had a chance to blog everyday due to work commitments I really appreciate the comments, page views and genuine support from everybody in ETT.

Thanks everybody for such a brilliant competition! Back for more of the same on the 1st January 2014!? In the meantime go and have some fun / rest / both!! (delete which ever is most applicable).

ETT = 9th out of 268 teams with 7,940,252 metres 

FTC 2013 DONE.

7 comments:

  1. Finished today and enjoyed some wine and cheesecake with Baileys as reward!!!
    MikeB

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm gonna rest for one week I think :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rainer for the great distances you were able to achieve all month - my original target was 500k, but the constant responses from you encouraged me to continue. I was disappointed we weren't able to finish together - it all went a bit 'haywire' yesterday. Thanks again for your company a most enjoyable FTC.
      regards Rob D

      Delete
    2. Thank you Rob, you rowed an amazing distance! I didn't have any target, just tried to keep up with you and Matt. It motivated me to row even more and more. This was my first FTC and to see so dedicated people is just wonderful.

      Delete
  3. Great Job everyone.... Beat thanks for being the lil Rabbit that I couldnt catch... I knew it was more about the chase, I lost several inches trying!!! Fred R.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fred likewise you and me. I said I would try for 300 k (10k a day) and then realized I actually needed 310k as the FTC is 31 days of erging, so I rowed the extra. Having a team member close by kept me going to reach my goal. Well done to all the ETTers what a great team and virtual camaraderie we have. A big thanks to the Captain to keep the blogging going despite everything else she has to do and all the comments, it was my daily reading after sliding off the erg...

      Delete
  4. OK, people, break time is over. We got Timbuktoo to catch. Great job all. Mike F;

    ReplyDelete