Sunday, 13 January 2013

Matt B's Para-Decathlon 2013

Our very own Matt B has set himself an epic challenge in 2013 of a Para-Decathlon to raise money for the Children's Hospice South West.
He completed the first leg of his endurance events today.













I have copied the following list of challenges from Matt's Facebook page.

"1 - January Jaunt 10k race on January 13th, I will do this on crutches rather than my wheelchair as the terrain will be too dodgy and unsafe to get a chair around.
2- Defend my Adaptive title at the Cornish Indoor Rowing Champs on January 26th In Newquay
3 - The Concept 2 Indoor Rower March Madness challenge 5k-10k per day through March
4 - Plymouth Half Marathon Sunday April 29th - considering a request to challenge for a World Record if I use my crutches.
5 - Wheelchair Basketball solo challenge over 1hr at Pomphlett Primary School on June 22nd - (Guinness World Record attempt)
6 - Indoor Rowing Marathon - details to be confirmed in due course
7 - Swimming challenge - August - details to be confirmed in due course
8 & 9 - working on these two, thinking of an idea that could involve one of our local secondary schools
10 - Plymouth 10K road race in November in the ol chariot".


Pretty awesome stuff Matt! I am sure I can say on behalf of all the team we are behind you 100% and we wish you luck in defending your Adaptive title at the Cornish Indoor Rowing Championships on the 26th January!


Follow this link to offer your support: http://www.chsw.org.uk/matt2013

2 comments:

  1. Hi Caroline, thank you very much for supporting my campaign and for your kind donation too, both are really appreciated.
    I am considering either doing the marathon distance or a crack at the existing 100K adaptive world record later this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Matt, you are very welcome.
    Good luck with your challenges you have the whole team behind you!

    ReplyDelete