Tuesday, 22 January 2013

JVTC 2013 Day 22

Team Canada and TimbukTWO are still just ahead of us in the rankings on the 22nd day of competition. We have over 200k on the New Haven Rowing Club and nearly 100k on the amalgamated Sub 7 / Oarsome / Paddy Power team which is very encouraging news.

Keep rowing hard ETT'ers we have nine more days to make a difference.

JVTC 2013 Day 22 = 55 team mates = 15/323 teams = 5,312,045 metres = top 5%

What is keeping you motivated to get on the C2 everyday at the moment?

Other than the obvious fitness / health benefits I am (usually) always motivated to lead by example as Team Captain (although some days are easier than others).
My training doesn't always go to plan but I have had some great sessions recently. The impending EIRC on Sunday has meant I have focused on speed and strength intervals to improve my resilience and fitness over the past few months.
My weekly regime has included the following sessions:
  • 6 x 6 mins with 2 mins rest
  • 4 x 1000m with 5 mins rest
  • 2 x 15 mins with 5 mins rest
  • 6 x 500 metres with 2 mins rest
I have also created a full-on cheesy playlist on Spotify that consists of bad / good 80's & 90's dance / indie / rock which has helped me through the interval sessions.

2 comments:

  1. Hey ETT teammates, New Haven has edged us... lets get our oars in the water!!! Fred R.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Oooh! How did that happen? We got a little bit complacent and then look what happens?! We had better get on the erg and smash up some metres!

    ReplyDelete