Friday, 12 October 2012

FTC 2012 Day 28

Four weeks of erging and 11th place out of 187 teams is not bad going team. Keep up the hard work.

I didn't mention that on Wednesday morning I damaged my thumb rushing to get ready for work (its an embarrassing story - I got my thumb stuck in the back of my trainer whilst putting it on in a hurry so when I put my full weight onto my heel I heard a huge crack).

My thumb started to swell up really badly and by the time I got to work it was very swollen indeed. The school nurse suspected a broken bone! She told me to go to A&E to get it checked out. Two hours, two different investigations of my thumb and an X-ray later the doctor informed me it was just a bad sprain. Very lucky indeed.

I was having visions of having my thumb in plaster - I thought about how I could request for my hand to be set in a gripping position so I could keep rowing!

FTC 2012 Day 28 = 41 team mates = 11/187 teams = 5, 259,991 metres

No comments:

Post a Comment