Friday, 21 September 2012

FTC 2012 Day Seven

One week into the competition and we have worked our way up to 7th place out of 167 world-wide teams.
New team mate Beat signed up today and has contributed 80k which has definitely boosted the team metres and ensured we stayed in 7th place.

The following team mates have made a significant contribution in the first week of competition:

100k+ club = Dan Mc, Mark B
50k+ club = John D, Ric, Rob D and Beat

I hope you have all enjoyed erging the first seven days of the team challenge. It certainly helps me keep motivated to keep up the metres when so many dedicated ETT'ers are toiling away on their rowing machines too.

What do you do to ease the boredom of longer erg sessions?

Mark B has rigged up a cool entertainment system in his garage so he can listen to music or watch the tv.

I have a small laptop and speakers positioned in front of my C2 so I can watch iplayer or listen to music which makes it much easier to keep erging. During tonight's session I listened to some awesome 80's and 90's New Order (bit of a mid-life crisis music selection I think).

FTC2012 Day 7 = 39 team mates = 7/167 teams = 1,313,128 metres = top 4%

Oh, before I forget its Chris V's birthday today too - Happy Birthday Chris!

2 comments:

  1. Having switched jobs and dropped rowing for laziness and lack of time, along with losing access to the gym, I finally won a Model D on ebay a month ago.

    It's sitting in front of the TV. Now my rowing pleasure depends to some extent on whether the goggle-box has something worth watching on it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the new job. Hope you find something fun to watch whilst you erg away David!

    ReplyDelete