The race distances differ from venue to venue but the major races usually have a 2,000 metre and a 500 metre distance. Some focus on 5,000 metres and some of the smaller events have a range of endurance challenges alongside some faster interval sprints.
The 2012 British Indoor Rowing Competition was not held in the usual venue (Birmingham National Indoor Arena) but at the University of Nottingham. It has not been confirmed if it will be at this venue again or even if there will be a BIRC this year. I will let you know if I hear any news.
There is an unfortunate clash this year with the English and European Indoor Competitions scheduled for the same weekend in January 2013. Edward J discussed the possibility of going to the Euro IRC after he enjoyed the craziness of his 2k row at the BIRC in Nottingham earlier this year. Chris and I also thought it would be great fun to travel to Germany to get involved in the Euro competition. But now the dates have been confirmed I think we will more inclined to attend the EIRC at the Manchester Velodrome instead - unless lots more ETT'ers wanted to join us in a wild German erg adventure?
- Grimsby IRC = Saturday 13th October 2012
- British online RC = Saturday 17th November 2012
- Welsh IRC = Saturday 1st December 2012
- Scottish IRC = Saturday 20th January 2013
- European IRC = Sat 26th / Sun 27th January 2013
- English IRC = Sunday 27th January 2013
- World IRC = Sunday 17th or 24th February 2013
- British IRC = TBC