Thursday, 28 April 2011

April CTC

With only a few days left for the April Cross Team Challenge we only need 2 team mates to row the 3 x 1k with 4 minutes rest to make sure we float a boat in the rankings. You need to enter the time for your slowest rep.

If you follow the CTC thread on the C2 UK forum, you will notice that there is a mathematical formula that is calculated each month to work out who will choose the next challenge. It is based upon the amount of boats floated each month, how many points the team gets and when they last chose a challenge.
If we float a boat this month we could be in with the chance to choose the September or October CTC. The last time we had a shot was in December 2009.

The following team mates have rowed this months CTC:

36Empty the Tanks I 3:52.8
Richard Young (H) 3:28.4
Chris Venables (L) 3:35.0
Caroline Joynson (F) 4:35.1

2 comments:

  1. I think I'll have a go tomorrow, struggled today with the 6344m for the challenge series, so I need to do more sprint work. I think WEC has me underconditioned for sprinting, I wasn't used to going so fast so 3x1k is just what I need to get me back into it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great stuff Mark. I know what you mean - both Chris and I found the short distances pretty hard to get into. I have just spent the last two weeks on my bike - I wanted a change after the March Madness and WEC. We have just returned from a nice trip biking around the New Forest and the Isle of Wight.
    Good luck with the Challenge Series. I am going to try to keep up with that next season.
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete